Monday, April 23, 2007

Life Without a Country

I like Dad's last blog. I also like Kurt Vonnegut's A Man Without a Country. A very fast read, but so good (a "page turner," if you will). As you all know, I have been feeling a lot of ways lately--not up to par, emotional, angry, anxious, ugly, sick, etc.--but yesterday, Trippe and I had a wonderful day. We talked about the love of God. We sat and read and wrote and sipped coffee and made friends and felt on top of the world! Here's the great part about yesterday: though I didn't feel my best, I looked past that and found peace and love boyond it. So, I decided that I'll accept the shit that life throws at me. I'll accept it, deal with it (or not deal with it, as I am more likely to do), and look past it to the love and the peace that wait for me there. God is good to us in many different ways. He's good to us through people that don't even know they have God's good in them! So Trippe and I decided to exercise that good in ourselves and be love to the world around us. That's the best way to deal with this life of suffering and hate.

No comments: