Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Backwards Business Trip

I've taken enough business trips through the years to condition myself to be away from the family for up to 7 days without missing them too much. A week ago Sunday Laura moved to her friend's house, and on Tuesday morning, Cynthia headed out to Pennsylvania to see Chris, Catherine, and FINLEY! The house is quiet.

So here I am, busy with life at church, not really looking up much, and feeling like I'm on some sort of business trip away from family. Except I'm staying at my own house, and everyone else is somewhere else. Cynthia and I have had our phone calls, and Laura and I have had several lunches together. Last night Laura met me over at the Strannigan's during her lunch break for a dinner party. My favorite moment was when we simultaneously reached out and touched each other's arm, excited to tell each other the latest in our lives.

I really love my family. I look forward to all being together next week at Soltane.

In the mean time, I'm keeping myself busy when I'm home, doing yard work, house work, shopping, and the like. And I painted the powder room. Next up, pay the bills and change oil in the cars... busy, busy, busy. Until we meet again.

No comments: