Thursday, June 05, 2008

Nature is worth observing

So our camera died while we were visiting Soltane two months ago. I need a camera because a picture is worth a thousand blog words. So we got a new camera the other day, but too late to capture so much that we've seen and done.

Our last tail gate party (almost a month ago) was to the zoo. We saw lots of animals. A bald eagle flew up to us and landed just a few feet away with no cage between us. Very cool. It was a good day. We ate at China Delight, too, which always makes for a good day.

Other cool things we've seen (not at the zoo).

Aimee and I were on a bike ride and saw an Osprey tear a 1" diameter branch off of a tree in mid-flight and deliver it to its nest in an electrical tower. It was amazing.

Cynthia and I went for a walk on Springwater trail and in a single view (could have taken a picture if I had a camera) we saw peacocks, ducks, turkeys, goats, sheep, and a deer that came down off of Powell Butte.

Farther down the trail, again in a single view, we saw five nutria, a turtle, and ducks with their babies (could have taken a picture if I had a camera).

We looked at a big frog in our pond, too. We have a squirrel that comes around now, and lots of new birds. I've got carpenter ants in the back wall of the house, too. So much nature all around.

Al across the street told me we had a big orange cat on our roof early one morning. Not sure how he go up there (or down). I cleaned the gutters recently, so I know he's not up there any more.

I washed the windows inside and out. It's amazing how the outside comes inside when the glass is crystal clear. I'll wash the windows more often. Nature is worth observing.

No comments: