I reported to home maintenance class today after an hour long snooze in my clothes in the bed. It's finally cool here, which means I can sieze every opportunity to bundle up too much. I ate some candy that Catherine and I keep in the closet and then I bumbled slowly out the door to walk to the woodshop garage where the six people involved in this class meet before we bumble around campus fixing things. On our list today was fixing a bed in S's room and drilling some holes in some wood so that we can use the wood to fix the frame of a mirror. This meant that the teacher would pick one student to work on the project at a time (how many people does it take to drill a hole in a piece of wood?) and Chris would either rumage through S's stuff, or draw designs in the sawdust that accumulated on the table saw, depending on where we were. S. has a book on the figure skating competition of the '98 olympics which discusses the biographies of my two favorite figure skaters: tara lapinski and michelle kwan. I learned that michelle loves to shop in her spare time, and tara's favorite color is purple.But when it comes down to it, all I really want to do is climb the trees in the apple orchard. I have a vision of making treehouses in the best trees in the orchard, and then connecting the treehouses, from tree to tree, with various bridges and ropes. Hanging out in the treehouse.
1 comment:
i love it. i miss my family.
Post a Comment