Monday, December 11, 2006

Morning Sudoku and Rudolph

So today we are having coffee in the living room. It's a nice setting with the tree and all, but no kids in the house at all. Laura spent the night with Trippe and Witney, and they're off on a great adventure today. I could bang around in the kitchen without disturbing Laura's sleep, which made me a little lonely.

Cynthia woke up early with anxious plans for the family Christmas at our house intermingled, no doubt, with sadness over all our kids being in PA for the holidays. We'll see how the all goes. I'm excited for all you kids having a special time together though. These will be memories that last a lifetime.

Me, I'm fighting a zit right on the end of my nose. It started yesterday at church, and by last night I looked like some sort of drunk. Today Cynthia had me pop it and soak my nose in hot water. She says it will help. I still think having me sit in the living room with my nose in a coffee cup of hot water was some sort of joke that will come up in conversations throughout the next few weeks... Call me Rudolph. Today's our staff meeting, so there's no hiding in a closed office today...

4 comments:

Lo said...

that is waaaaay too funny. i love you guys so much. christmas won't be too bad without us. just try not to think about it. that's what i've been doing. it works... for a while. we'll miss you tons, though, don't worry.

catherine and christopher said...

and just try not to think about the flesh wound at the end of your nose. Maybe that will help you to feel better too.

Alan and Cynthia said...

The hot water worked. It's just a scab now. Of course on Tuesday, I nicked my mole shaving so I wen to the office withtwo blood spots on may face...

catherine and christopher said...

ha