Sunday, December 17, 2006

This is Chris, the day before my sister comes to stay with us. K and J have a bell choir performance today at the non-denominational church down the street, so I went to check on whether K was moving. She told me she would be up at 6:19, which is when she set her alarm for, but at 6:34, she was not moving, so I knocked lightly on the door, which I found was not resting in its jam and the door pounded into its place when I knocked on it, making a loud sound and stirring K immediately. I expected an apologetic muffle from the other side of the closed door, as K had failed to be responsible this morning, but after I asked if she were moving, I heard her quietly reprimanding me for pounding on the door. I explained how the door pounded against the door jam, and that it wasn't intentional, but that it doesn't matter because she is running late, and I don't think she understood me because she said to me again how it is against the rules to pound on the door and how I am not supposed to do it. So, in a stern voice, because I was irritated, I said that the door slipped and that she needs to get moving. She said okay in a cheerier tone, and I huffed away. And I woke up today with the front part of my hair making a great big 'S' curl like how I hate, and last time it did this, it took like a week to calm it back down into hanging in a more manageable way. I really hope I don't look like a dope for the majority of the time Laura is with us.
Here's some news about what's going on this week, little sister: it sounds like afternoon classes have been canceled for everyone, so that those involved in rehearsals for the Friday send-off christmas thing can rehearse everyday. But swimming may very well not be canceled, because it is 'therapeutic' for a lot of the companions. So bring a swimsuit for sure. Catherine and I will both have times working on the land this week, and you will be dragged to help at least once, so bring some clothes you can get grubby in. And...some parents of a student here have offered their place to any coworkers at Soltane interested in using it over the holiday break. They won't be using it because they will be elsewhere, so Catherine and I expressed interest in us using it for one night between the 26th and the 27th. The place is a fancy apartment seven stories up and six blocks to the west of central park. New York Just may be a bit more relaxing than I was thinking it would be.

No comments: