Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Sun Bathing, Rawhide, and Rush Hour

Today we relaxed. I went for a walk. We layed in the sun for THREE hours, and I didn't mind. The pool is a perfect temperature, the sun the perfect intensity, and the company, oh the company. I'm enjoying quiet time with Miss Cynthia.

After sun and lunch, we headed off in search of the new Rawhide old west town. We got lost (thanks, Mapquest), but got directions at a Walgreens (I was the one insisting we ask- NOT the typical guy thing). The lady at Walgreens told us where it was and suggested we not waste our time. A customer piped in the same. But, hey, we set out to see this place, so off we went.

We arrived and there was one other car in the parking lot. We were there 15 minutes before they opened, so sort of understandable, although our Walgreen friends warned us it was sad there was nobody there when they went. The good news is all the characters gave us special attention, and we got a free stage coach ride out of it. Here's a picture of the local law.

We left after about an hour. It was sad. There must have been 20 or so employees all there to show the few of us a down home cowboy good time. Someone tried to sell us a time share, too...

We were in rush hour traffic and I got to playing with the camera making time exposed photos. Look for them in a gallery someday, and me retiring in wealth as a result of their commercialized reproduction.

We stopped at Albertsons and got mushrooms, shrimp, and garlic. We had an amzingly delightful and simple dinner with these elements and some left over bread.

No comments: