I’m sorry I seem to always talk about the weather in my blogs. Actually, I’m not sorry at all, I feel bad for you if you don’t like what I have to say about the weather, because it’s glorious! Windy, rainy, cold, gray, hazy, colorful, moody, comforting. Amanda came over to watch a movie yesterday. We drank hot cocoa and watched White Christmas. It was what my soul needed.
In other news, God is actively teaching me many things… how to love, how to find him at work in my everyday life, how to read the bible. I am excited, but also terrified. It feels like all that I’m learning, doing, and experiencing is making my life fly a thousand miles per hour having no way to slow it down if I wanted to. I feel like God is showing me shortcuts or something—taking a lot of heartache and misery out of decisions I make, which would usually waste a lot of time—but he’s only telling me how to do it right the first time. I am a weak woman, frail and tainted from Life’s past beatings, yes, but this season in my life is providing my heart the healing and recuperation it needs for me to be strong again. I’m finding so much encouragement from Trippe. He’s striving to be a man of God and I can see it. Oh, I love that I can see it!
Here’s a list of things I’ve been taking pleasure in as of late:
- Listening to Trippe read The Catcher in the Rye to me
- Sitting and staring out the window
- Listening to old albums
- Getting really warm in my covers and just laying there
- Talking with Trippe about how fantastic we are (I know it sounds conceited, but you’d get it if you were us, because we are)
- Mornings with Danielle—though brief, they are so good
- Realizing God’s love
- Kissing
I’m content right now. I hope it lasts for a long time.
No comments:
Post a Comment